Listen Up! Northwest is a collaboratively produced radio magazine featuring stories of communities in action throughout the Northwest. Each broadcast highlights the work of skilled community radio producers and artists from our region, including Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
Listen Up! Northwest Program 11 features stories on cycling and safety. Segments include:
* A bicycle commuting newbie shares her audio diary of her frist two weeks on the road. (Julie Sabatier, Destination DIY-Portland)
* A bicycle advocate and mom shares how she teaches her children to ride their two wheels on the streets safely. (Wes Brain, KSKQ-Ashland)
* A fight broke out at Seattle's Critical Mass last month which resulted in injuries and damaged personal property. Some in Seattle discuss what happened and what the increasing tensions between Bicylists and drivers may mean. (Tara Hayes, KBCS-Bellevue/Seattle)
* John Pucher, professor of public policy at Rutgers University spoke at Simon Frasier university in British Columbia. He speaks about how policies can affect bicycle safety in our cities(Red-Eye Radio Cooperative, CFRO-Vancouver, BC)
* The Portland Bicycle Ensemble plays instruments which happen to be their transportation mode of choice. (Portland Bicycle Ensemble-Portland)